Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing appliances, part of Learning Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] An appliance is a pre-built form…of virtual machine, which makes it very easy…to get up and running with VirtualBox.…In order to establish a pen testing lab,…we'll need to set up a platform to run tests from…and also set up a series of target systems to test.…Let's start with the testing platform.…Kali Linux is a special build…of the Debian operating system,…which is preconfigured with a large number of testing tools,…covering web, infrastructure,…and wireless testing requirements.…It's the platform of choice for many pen testers.…
Kali can be installed as the only system…on a hardware platform, and this is known…as a bare metal installation.…It can be loaded as a second bootable image…on a platform with an existing operating system,…known as a dual boot installation.…It can also be run as a virtual machine…on VMware or VirtualBox.…I'll be using this approach,…and loading it into the VirtualBox environment I've set up.…Offensive Security maintains a number…of different Kali Linux downloads.…Here we can see the latest 32- and 64-bit Kali files…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.