Download and install the OWASP Web Goat web site server.
- [Instructor] Another very useful website…for learning how to do web testing is the OWASP WebGoat.…This is another website which has been…deliberately created with vulnerabilities…so that we can practice our web testing.…We can download this directly,…or you may prefer to use the WebGoat server…within the Web Security Dojo…that we'll look at later in this course.…I've created a directory for this, and I'll download it.…This downloads as a JAR file,…and I've saved this is my WebGoat directory.…I'll rename it to webgoat.jar for simplicity.…
Let's go run it.…This will load up the embedded Tomcat server…and start WebGoat.…We're now running on port 8080.…I'll now point my browser at the WebGoat URL.…Here we have the WebGoat Login Page,…and we can see the two default accounts that come with this.…Let's log in as guest.…We're now in WebGoat,…and we have the How To Work With WebGoat page displayed.…
On the left are a series of pages we can load,…the first three of which explain more about WebGoat,…and the remainder which provide lessons…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Servicewith Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.