Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing SELinux utils, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- As I've mentioned earlier in the course,…we're running on Fedora 25 throughout this course.…We've switched between the server and the workstation…types of Fedora 25, but it doesn't change the…fact that we're on that, and we've got SELinux by…default as a part of Fedora, it just comes with it.…There are some pieces of SELinux that don't…get installed if you did a minimal install…whenever you first installed it, so just be aware of that.…And we're going to sort of, in this movie,…help you to identify whether or not SELinux is on your…system so that you can participate in this set of…chapters here at the end of this course.…
We'll move forward from there, okay?…So, what you will have by default is SELinux.…It'll be installed and running in enforcing mode.…We'll talk about what that is in a little bit,…using the targeted policy, which we will also talk…about in a little bit, which lays out the rules for…how SELinux will operate, so basically, the idea here is…that SELinux is this set of security extensions…to the kernel and to the system,…
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.