Learn to install OWTF into Kali Linux and run tests against the HacMe site and the scanme site.
- [Instructor] OWASP has developed an automated web testing…framework, which is used to do continuous testing…in accordance with common web testing standards.…We can install this entirely, but the installation…isn't quite as easy as it should be.…You might find libraries don't get properly installed,…and the software isn't as robust as we might like.…Some test may hang, especially with artificial testing…websites, such as HackMe and ScanMe.…Nevertheless, this is likely to be a tool that we we'll see…becoming increasingly robust and useful.…
OWTF is maintained in a Git repository,…so we can clone the OWTF tool.…Okay, this is creating the OWTF folder…and cloning OWTF from GitHub.…Okay, we're cloned now, and I can go into the folder…and install OWTF.…
This takes a while to install, but it's mostly automated.…It will ask for permission to proceed a couple of times.…Okay, we're installed now.…But when I try to run, we see there's…some missing libraries.…We need to manually correct these.…We don't use the suggested pip install command,…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Service (2016)with Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.