Download and install the McAfee HacMe Casino web site.
- [Instructor] When learning how to do web testing,…it's useful to have a target website to use.…While Metasploitable does provide a website,…this doesn't always have the functionality required.…Another solution that we can use…is the Hacme Casino website.…which McAfee has provided as a testing platform.…This is available for download from the website shown,…and it runs as a standard Windows application.…I've downloaded and installed the application…and have it pinned to my taskbar.…So, let's get started.…This starts up,…and we can see in the command window…that the web server is operating on port 3000.…
Let's connect using my local system IP address…of 127.0.0.1.…Okay, so here's the main screen,…shown in true Vegas casino fashion.…Hacme Casino has a number of deliberate security flaws,…and we'll use this further in the web testing course.…However, for this course,…we're just interested in using it as a standard website.…The casino has a number of preregistered users,…Andy Aces, Bobby Blackjack,…and we can register new users as we go.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Servicewith Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.