Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Firewalld, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- [Instructor] Alright, next thing we need to do is get FirewallD installed so that you're sure that you've got it so you can move forward with the course. Again, this is important. FirewallD comes with the Fedora 25. You might be on a prior version or a different flavor of Linux, and if that's the case, it's important that you get what we've got going here. So, we're going to go D-N-F because that's going to replace YUM. We're going to type install and we're going to type firewalld. On my system, because that's already there, it says, "Well, there was nothing to do, so we're complete." On your system, it may say, "Oh, my goodness.
"There's so much here to be done. "We need to get stuff downloaded and installed," and you're just going to say, "Yes." Go ahead and install FirewallD if it's not already on your system. The things that will be installed will be these three components here. Python is getting installed because FirewallD is written in Python. That's just some trivia for ya there. Not really important to you using it, but there it is. So once FirewallD is installed and it says it's ready to go, you are set. You're ready to go into our next movie.
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.