The chrony package should be installed by default. If it is not, this video covers how to install it, check the status of chronyd, and start it It also covers how to make chronyd start at boot. The chrony package includes both the server and the chronyc client tool.
- [Instructor] The chrony server and client…should already be installed by default.…But to be sure, open a terminal and type:…sudo space yum space install space dash…y space chrony…and hit enter.…Type in your password if prompted.…This will not hurt anything if it's already installed.…After making sure chrony is installed,…we need to make sure the service is running.…To check the status let's use systemctl.…Type in clear and then type in:…sudo space systemctl space status space chronyd…and hit enter…This shows our chronyd server status.…
If yours is not running…you'll want to start it by typing in:…sudo spaces systemctl space start space chronyd…and hit enter.…To make it start automatically at boot we'd enable it.…Type in: sudo space systemctl space enable space chronyd…And hit enter.…Again, this won't hurt anything…if it's already running and persistent.…Now chronyd will start when the system boots up.…
The chrony package includes the chronyd ntp time server.…Chronyd, by default only accepts time queries from…the local client.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 52m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.