In this video Grant explains the importance of installing VirtualBox Guest Additions and then demonstrates installing necessary system software to install the guest additions.
- [Instructor] After we've updated CentOS,…and we've rebooted, the next thing we want to do,…is install VirtualBox Guest Additions.…Guest Additions are pieces of software,…installed in the Guest OS,…that allow it to communicate with VirtualBox better.…This allows the Guest to take advantage of faster drivers,…better screen resolution, copy and paste,…and shared folders.…I highly recommend installing Guest Additions,…as it makes the virtual experience smoother.…You may notice, if you press your Host key, +f,…to go to full screen mode,…that CentOS doesn't fill the entire screen.…
Installing Guest Additions will take care of this issue.…Before we install Guest Additions,…we need to make sure that Networking is turned on.…Click on your top right hand menu, go down to Wired,…and you can see if it's connected or not.…Also, make sure that your CentOS installation…has been updated, and that you've rebooted.…The last thing you need,…is to make sure that you're Administrator,…and we set this up during the installation.…
- Identify the basic components of a Linux distribution.
- Explain why it is important to note the VirtualBox host key on your installation.
- Point out one way you could modify the settings of your VM before installing CentOS.
- Determine the first thing you should do when logging into a newly installed VM for the first time.
- Tell how to use Gnome 3’s overview mode to start any application.