Learn how to download and install Vega.
- [Voiceover] Just as we can test the infrastructure…for vulnerabilities, so it's important that we check…a website for vulnerabilities.…This is done using a web vulnerability scanner.…There are a number of tools in Kali for analyzing…and actively communicating with websites.…The main ones are shown…on the Web Vulnerability Analysis menu,…including Burpsuite, Owasp-zap, and Webscarab.…One of the useful web vulnerability scanners is Vega.…
This used to come preinstalled,…but now needs to be manually included.…We can do this by opening a Terminal window…and entering apt-get update…&& apt-get install -y vega.…This makes sure Kali's up to date and does the install.…This takes a few minutes.…Okay, that's installed, and we're ready to go.…
We can start Vega now by entering the command vega.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/12/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up a virtual lab, installing appliances, Windows Credential Editor, using John for Windows passwords, pass the hash, using rainbow tables, exploiting with Armitage, pivoting through a network, and getting stealth and persistent access. In addition, a new video was added that shows how to create Trojans with msfvenom.
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.