Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Install SLES, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] First you need to obtain the software…from the SUSE website.…Follow the URL on the screen,…click on the free downloads,…download SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.…Select the AMD64 Intel 64 architecture,…and now you need to create an account.…It's free,…and you'll be able to download patches for 60 days.…Download both of the ISOs.…While that's downloading,…let me tell you about etcher.…
This is a tool you can get at the URL on your screen,…and its purpose is to create USB installation media…if you're installing to physical boxes.…If you're installing to a virtual machine…like I will be,…you'll only need the ISOs.…After you've completed downloading the media,…depending on whether you're using a physical machine…or a virtual machine,…insert the proper media and boot the system.…It'll go through the boot up,…and begin the installation process,…which is an automated process…that you basically just have to sit through and watch.…
If at some point you see a dialog box…about drivers not being found,…just go ahead and click on the okay button.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.