Join Grant McWilliams for an in-depth discussion in this video Install OpenLDAP server, part of RHCE Cert Prep: Authentication with LDAP and Kerberos.
- [Instructor] There are multiple packages necessary…for a basic working LDAP server,…openldap is the basic package.…Openldap-clients provides client commands,…and openldap-servers provides server commands.…Optional packages are nss-pam-ldapd,…which provides an LDAP name service…that allows users to do local queries.…Mod_ldap provides LDAP authentication abilities…to the Apache web server.…
Compat-openldap provides LDAP compatibility libraries…for applications that need them.…Lastly, openldap-servers-sql is a loadable module…to allow OpenLDAP to use relational database back-ends.…Now let's install the LDAP server components…in our rhhost1 VM.…In a terminal, type sudo yum…install -y openldap-clients…openldap-servers oddjob-mkhomedir.…
Type in your password, if prompted.…The last package, named oddjob-mkhomedir…is needed to create home directories on the fly.…Once OpenLDAP is installed, let's talk about command naming.…Server command names start with slap.…Client command names start with ldap.…OpenLDAP server commands.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.