To change to using an LDAP directory you need the LDAP client service as well as some tools to switch authentication to LDAP.
- [Instructor] We're going to set up…the client configuration on our rhhost2 VM.…Log into rhhost2 as your user named user one…and open a terminal.…To install the LDAP client packages,…type sudo yum install -y nss-pam-ldapd,…and hit enter.…Type in your password if prompted.…This command installs the LDAP client,…as well as the nss-pam-ldapd package,…which is a NSS switch module…used to switch the system authentication…to director services, in this case, LDAP…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.