Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Important commands, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There's a lot to know…to administer a Linux server…regardless of what (mumbles) is.…You have to start somewhere though.…And so what I've done is I've picked out a couple…of the commands that we're gonna run at the command line…in the shell environment.…Sort of give you the tools you need…to get started on the other commands.…So I'm gonna through these and later I'll show you…how to get more information about these commands…so you can research them further.…Right now, I've logged in on a terminal…and I am user named User…and I have the name of the box that I'm on,…Linux-wnls and then a tilde.…
The tilde means Home directory.…Now how do we know where the Home directory is?…For every user there is a directory created by…the user name in the Home Directory.…So the first thing I'm gonna start out with is a command PWD…for Print Working Directory.…And what it shows us is that we are indeed…in Home user.…And Home is where you keep all of your more personal files.…Your documents.…Anything that you're working on…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.