Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Graphical management tools, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- It is possible to work with graphical management tools…through System Config, SELinux…and policycoreuntils-gui,…but I wanted to switch over to…a completely different system.…If you've been watching this all the way through then…you remember back in our firewall sections,…I was working with a workstation version of Fedora 25,…and this is that workstation version I've created…a clone of my original one so that I can make modifications…without risking the original VM.…So, this is a workstation Fedora 25,…and I'm going to need to run a bunch of commands…to get us sort of speed here.…
I'm showing this to you, only because…these are things that I expect you to do…in the same workstation just so that you can have…the same experience that I'm having, okay?…So, we're going to use a lot of fast forwarding…with editing in order to make this a lot shorter.…Just follow along.…We're going to start by entering a root session.…We're going to start with…dnf intall setroubleshoot-server.…Once that's complete, you're going to install…
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.