In this video, Chaim Krause wraps up database setup. Create user accounts for the linux email server. Configure SELINUX and mysql_secure_installation.
- [Instructor] To create the configuration file,…let's move up a directory, and let's create a new file,…and we're going to call that new file…dovecot-sql.conf.ext.…And what I'm going to do is paste in from the documentation.…And now, I'm going to modify this to fit our system.…Let's go up to the top, and our driver…is properly set to mysql.…
We've got the default password scheme…set to MD5-CRYPT.…And this is where we need to start making some changes.…And that is in the query that we're going to use.…So we've got queries here for mysql,…and queries here for PostgreSQL.…We're going to use the one for PostgreSQL.…We're going to uncomment what we have here,…and we're going to erase the Postgres.…
And we're gong to use this one instead of the given one.…So let's make the modifications.…This is close.…We put ours in /var/mail/vmail.…We are using 111.…111 here as well.…Let's go ahead and let's save this off.…And let's clear our workstation.…And now it's time to do something…about that mysterious user, 1111.…So let's go ahead and do useradd,…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.