In order for the LDAP server to be accessible, you need to edit the firewall configuration. You also need to make sure that all services are running and start on boot. Logging is important as well, so it is important to add a line to the rsyslog.conf file to create a specific log just for the LDAP server.
- [Instructor] To ensure that our LDAP server…is accessible from the network, we'll want to edit…the firewall rules of our rhhost1 VM.…Type into a terminal…sudo firewall-cmd --permanent…space -- add-service=ldap…and hit Enter.…Type in your password as prompted.…To reload the firewall config, type in…sudo firewall-cmd --reload…and hit Enter.…
We also want to setup logging for the LDAP service…by editing the rsyslog configuration.…Let's load the rsyslog.conf file in the VI,…type in clear and then type in…sudo vi /etc/rsyslog.conf…and hit Enter.…Let's go clear to the bottom and we'll add a line.…Type in local4.*…space /var/log/ldap.log.…
This will log to the /var/log/ldap.log file.…Now save this by pressing esc + :x! and hitting Enter.…Now restart the rsyslog service by typing in…sudo systemctl restart rsyslog.…Before we go on, we might want to ensure…that our other services are persistent.…Type in sudo systemctl enable…space slapd.service,…and hit Enter.…
Bring your line back and change slapd.service…to oddjobd.service.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.