Learn how to download and install HTTPrint and use it to fingerprint web servers, and do the same with the Kali uniscan tool.
- [Narrator] Fingerprinting is an important first step…in testing a web application.…It's the environment in which it operates…is as important as the application itself…in terms of potential application risk.…While some service provide banners,…others have that banners removed or modified.…Being able to determine the type of server…from its characteristics is important…when reading the banner proves futile.…There are a number of tools available…for fingerprinting a web server.…One of them is HTTPRecon.…HTTPRecon can be dowloaded from the Computech website…as a Zip file containing the Windows binaries.…
I've downloaded it into my Windows 7 system,…into the HTTPRecon folder.…So let's take a look.…I'll be needing to run some privilege command shortly.…So I'm running the command shell as administrator.…There are three OCX files.…These are missing in Windows 7…and need to be copied into my System 32 folder…and registered.…
I'll now run the privileged registration process…for all three.…Okay that worked.…
And so did that.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Servicewith Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.