Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Filesystem hierarchy standard, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- One of the things that's very important…to know as a system administrator…for the Linux operating system…is the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.…It is a standard that's part…of the Linux Standard Base…which is a bunch of standards…put forth by the Linux Foundation.…The Linux Foundation is an organization…of Linux operating system vendors…who have gotten together and decided…to create some standards so that applications…that run on top of the Linux operating system…don't have to have different versions…for every Linux distribution.…
It's similar to what you see with the POSIX standards…created by the IEEE Computer Society,…the IEEE being…the Institute of Elelectrical and Electronics Engineers.…So what we have here is a standard…similar to other standards,…and as things progress,…different organizations are created…to be more specific to the topic at hand.…Let's take a look at what this…hierarchy standard looks like.…You can find the standard…on the Wiki for the Linux Foundation.…
From there, you can reference to their…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.