In this video, learn how to use the WPS protocol to collect information and extract the network key.
- WPS can be attacked using a brute force attack on the PIN, … which has only about 11 thousand valid combinations. … One of the popular tools for testing WPS is Reaver. … So let's have a look at that. … I'll be running this against my Technicolor … TG582N home router. … I have a terminal window open, … so I'll set my wireless adapter to monitoring mode … and run a tool called Wash, to identify candidate … WPS enabled networks, … so that I can see the BSSID, which I need for Reaver. … My router is called Telecom05 and I can see the BSSID … is 9c 97 26 55 D1 DF. … It's operating on channel one, … which Reaver also needs to know. … I'll now run Reaver to do a WPS attack. … We can see Reaver trying to connect to WPS … using the keys it's generating. … It quickly identifies the type of device … and extracts its manufacturer, Technicolor; … It's model, Technicolor TG; its model number 582n, … and its serial number. … We can also see Reaver managing the M1 and M2 … and the M3 and M4 messages. …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things
Skill Level Intermediate
Course disclaimer1m 37s
1. Wi-Fi Networks
2. Rogue Access Points
Understanding Bluetooth5m 1s
4. Additional Tools
5. Internet of Things
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.