Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore the applications in Kali, part of Introduction to Kali Linux.
- [Voiceiver] The Applications menu item,…provides easy access to the 13 categories…of Kali Security Testing Tools.…When I click the Applications Menu,…I get a list of the 13 of Kali's tools.…Plus a menu entry which will,…as I use Kali show the usual applications I use.…When I move to the first entry…Information Gathering,…a list of tools appears in the right hand side.…This are the most popular Information Gathering Tools.…Note this entry has a triangle at the right ,…which indicates their so many use.…
When I click, it expands…and provides ten sub groups of applications,…each of which provides a menu of Testing Tool…in the right hand pen as I move over it.…Many of the Tools are shown with the Kali Logo.…These are Command Line Tools,…which open in the Terminal Window…and run by the batch show.…Here we can see the Fping Tool,…and when I click on it,…I get to Terminal Menu.…Kali currently Fping Help Command…as part of opening the terminal.…
I can Fping 10.0.2.4,…and the Fping tells me,…that the target is alive.…I'll close this Window now.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.