Review the capabilities provided by OpenVAS in its menu system.
- Let's have a look at the capabilities…we can access through OpenVAS's menu system.…The menu has six top level items, plus Help.…The first is Scan Management,…which offers sub-items of Tasks, Reports,…Results, Notes, and Overrides.…The initial OpenVAS screen is Scan Management, Tasks.…This shows the scans we've run.…The Reports menu shows the reports that are available.…And Results shows the aggregated results of all scans.…
The Notes view shows all the notes…that I've made during the scans.…And we can see here the Reminder to Self that I entered.…Finally, the Overrides view lists all the overrides.…We don't have any currently.…Asset Management has one option, Hosts,…which shows the summary of issues…on each host that has been scanned.…This is currently showing only those hosts…with High or Medium alerts.…I can add Low and Informational…by clicking the checkboxes and then pressing Apply.…
Now we can see both hosts.…The next menu item is SecInfo Management.…This provides access to all the information…in the various databases regarding systems,…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.