Discover how metasploit can be used to access a Windows system, and access Windows XP and Windows 7.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Let's have a look at how an adversary…would exploit a Windows system using a phishing attack.…I'll use Armitage to do this.…I can start Armitage from the Quick Access List.…I'll connect to the Metasploit framework…and start the Metasploit server.…The Armitage screen has a menu at the top…and three panels.…The four key modules are shown in the top left panel,…the network targets that Metasploit knows about…on the top right,…and the Metasploit terminal window at the bottom.…
We'll run Armitage through its graphical interface,…but we can see the equivalent Metasploit commands…in the console.…A vulnerability known as MS14064…which affects browsers, was issued by Microsoft.…I'll search for it in the exploits.…I'll go into the Windows area and browser,…and I'll scroll down to find the exploit.…Here we are, I'll select it.…Armitage makes a number of choices…about running this attack,…and we can see a lot of what we do manually…in Metasploit is prepopulated.…
The way this exploit works is via a phishing attack.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.