Get an introduction to Metasploit, and discover its use in accessing the metasploitable Linux target system.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a quick look at Metasploit.…When I start the application, the Terminal window starts up.…The first time Metasploit starts up,…it will create and prepare its databases.…Otherwise, it will skip this installation step.…To save time, I've already done that.…After completing its start up, the msf prompt appears.…Metasploit is now ready for use.…Metasploit includes a database of testing modules,…assembly, and encoding capabilities…to manipulate exploit and payload code,…and an interpreter, a payload which provides…a powerful remote shell.…
We can see that it has 1,520 exploits…and 437 payloads in its database,…as well as a number of other modules.…Exploit modules are run against the target system…to check whether it's vulnerable.…Payloads are sent into a target system…to demonstrate that the exploit was successful…by executing on the target.…The first Metasploit command I'll enter is help.…This shows all the commands that we can issue in Kali.…
The first part of the list contains the core commands…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.