Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
- [Teacher] Hello, my name is Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. In this course I'll explore my favorite part of ethical hacking, sniffing network traffic. This course is part of the Ethical Hacking series. I'll cover concepts such as the importance of the OSI Model, look at active and passive attacks, and ways to tap into the data stream. I'll review some of the attacks against protocols, such as DNS caching and forgery, a macof attack, and creating a denial of service attack, by depleting the DHCP pool.
And I'll cover how hackers use Ettercap for an effective man in the middle attack by poisoning the ARP cache. I'll show you how headers can tell us the types of servers and browsers that are used during a webpage transaction. In addition, we'll look at Driftnet to capture images. I'll be using Wireshark for most of the course, but I'll review other tools for analysis. Are you ready? Let's get started.
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.