Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lisa] Hello, my name is Lisa Bock and I'm a security ambassador. In this course, we'll take a look at high and low-tech tools to scout our target. We'll first begin with a reconnaissance overview and then we'll see how to use competitive intelligence. We'll examine search engines and look at Google hacking. We'll take a look at social media and the importance of tracking online reputation. We'll look at email and website footprinting and how to mirror and monitor websites.
We'll investigate email and email headers and we'll see the power of open source intelligence tools. We'll take a look at some of the reconnaissance tools that include footprinting network and examining ways to see how DNS can help us in our search. We'll look at tools such as ping, tracert, nslookup, and dig. And then we'll look at countermeasures for footprinting and reconnaissance and then pen testing reports which should be done at the end of every exercise.
This course is part of the Ethical Hacking series. Are you ready? Let's go to the web and beyond!