See how to use the SPARTA tool to enumerate the target network and the services on active hosts.
- Amongst the Kali tools for information gathering…is Sparta, a useful graphical tool,…which integrates Nmap port scans and service testing,…and collects together the service information…into an easy tabbed interface.…Let's start it from the application menu.…To start, I'll add the subnet 10.10.10.0/28…to the Sparta scan.…
We can see that Sparta has initiated…an Nmap stage one scan to find the active hosts.…We've now got a set of IP addresses in the hosts panel.…And we can see by, clicking the service tab,…which services have been found on them.…As the scan progresses…and the host operating system is identified,…the icon to the left of the IP address changes…from a question mark to an appropriate icon.…
The right-hand panel has a number of tabs,…and more are added as Sparta runs its scans.…We can see that tabs for nikto have appeared…as well as screenshots for the web services.…Sparta will run for a while,…but let's take a look at what we've got so far.…We haven't found any information on 10.10.10.2.…Let's take a look at 10.10.10.3,…
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testingwith Lisa Bock1h 29m Intermediate
Penetration Testing Essential Trainingwith Malcolm Shore2h 29m Intermediate
Penetration Testing: Advanced Kali Linuxwith Malcolm Shore2h 22m Intermediate
1. Identifying Services
2. Enumerating Services
3. Enumerating Web Servers
4. Further Enumeration
Enumerating inside Windows4m 41s
What's next1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.