Learn how to enumerate Linux from a shell.
- [Instructor] Once we have a shell,…spending time exploring the file base…is an important part of testing.…There are many shell commands that can be used…to find relevant information in Linux…that can help escalate our privileges.…To support this, there are two scripts we'll look at.…The enum.sh script is available from the website shown,…and as documented, is intended as an initial enumeration…once access to a shell has been obtained.…Typically, enum.sh will be uploaded using Netcat.…
(typing)…Okay, we'll make that executable.…(typing)…And we'll run it.…(typing)…We can see that the target is called "LazyClown,"…and it's running a Linux kernel 4.4.0-31,…Ubuntu 14.04, Trusty Tahr.…
We can see the groups that the…current user, mitsos, belongs to:…ADM, CDROM, SUDO, DIP, PLUGDEV, LPADMIN, and SAMBASHARE.…We can see the full set of users,…and this helps to identify the services available.…For example, the landscape distribution tool and MYSQL.…Root is the superuser,…and we have execute access on the mitsos folder.…
We can see the environmental variables,…
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
Penetration Testing: Advanced Kali Linuxwith Malcolm Shore2h 22m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testingwith Lisa Bock1h 20m Intermediate
Penetration Testing Essential Trainingwith Malcolm Shore2h 29m Intermediate
1. Identifying Services
2. Enumerating Services
3. Enumerating Web Servers
4. Further Enumeration
Enumerating inside Windows4m 41s
What's next1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.