Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling SELinux and modes, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about the SELinux config file,…shall we?…First, we're going to look at where it is.…cd /etc/ and it's in the selinux directory,…and if I type ls, you can see there it is config.…So let's use nano, cause that's my preferred thing,…if you want to us bi or something else…that's totally up to you.…nano config and that opens up the config file.…So we're in here and we're in our text editor as root,…so we can make changes if we want to.…Be careful, though, okay.…Cause that can give you the ability…to do things that might hurt you.…
And you'll notice if you're on a system like mine,…we're looking at SELinux running in enforcing mode.…That's what's going on right down here.…You can see here SELINUX=enforcing…and under type it says SELINUXTYPE is targeted.…Let's talk about what those things mean.…First of all, you'll remember that I didn't change this.…This is out of the box.…So right out of the box, your system is being…enforced in targeted mode with SELinux,…so if you're running into zero problems,…
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.