Learn the elements of host-based web applications: the server, HTTP(S), LDAP and SQL backends, and scripting languages. Learn about the differences in testing cloud and host-based applications.
- [Instructor] A web application is built…using HTML and script code,…running on a web server that offers…an HTTP or HTTPS protocol access,…the more recent WS and WSS WebSocket protocols,…or the experimental QUIC protocol.…It will likely use a back-end database server,…or some form of flat file for content.…A user will connect to the application from a browser,…which may be running on a desktop,…a laptop, or a mobile device.…The web application may want to authenticate the user,…and to do that, use some form of…back-end authentication system such as LDAP.…
It's good practice not to expose a web application server…directly to the internet, and so a web proxy will be placed…between the user and the web application.…The proxy server takes user requests…and sends them to the web application,…and takes web application responses…and returns them to the user.…A web proxy is designed to be secure,…and is a much safer internet-facing system…than a full web server.…There are two types of proxy server,…a forward proxy and a reverse proxy.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Service (2016)with Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.