Learn the various tools available to generate domain and subdomain names for various attacks. Discover how generated domain names are used for phishing attacks, and generated subdomains are used with wildcard entries in a brute-force attack to get a response from a server for a DNS zone transfer.
- [Instructor] We know that there are a lot…of potential attacks we could launch against DNS…but using a domain name itself is valuable…as well in other attacks.…But we have to generate domain names.…Now, we could manually but there are a lot…of domain name generators out there…that will actually check to see if the domain…name that you generated is already in use.…All right, so take a look at this one,…generating domain names.…When we're talking about this, I'll tell you…about some of the tools that you can use,…but when phishing, spoofing the brand…in the hyperlink may get someone to click on the link.…
All right, we want to have something more believable.…People are now trained to watch the hyperlink…and make sure they don't click on something.…Think before you click, right?…So from Payroll CR@LandonPay.COM, date April 3rd,…2016, final reminder refund.…Dear employee, we've identified an error in your refund.…In order to claim your overpayment…create an e-Refund account so the monies can be deposited.…And here you see get started, LandonPay.COM.…
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting