Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Disclaimer, part of Ethical Hacking: Footprinting and Reconnaissance.
- [Instructor] The goal of the Ethical Hacking series is to help system administrators understand how to better protect the assets they manage. I'll focus on the concepts of ethical hacking in order to explain why it's essential in any organization's overall security framework. The tests and procedures I explore should only be executed on your own system or a system that you are charged with protecting. If ownership and responsibility lie with another party, be sure to get clear written instructions with explicit permission to conduct ethical hacking activities.
Do not investigate individuals, websites, servers, or conduct any illegal activities on any system you do not have permission to analyze.
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting