Due to the added power and complexity of ACLs we have multiple ways of deleting ACLs. We can specify an ACL to delete which can be either a regular ACL or a default ACL. We can also delete all default ACLs or even delete all ACLs on the file including regular and default ACLs. Deleting ACLs can also be done recursively using the -R option.
- [Host] Due to the added complexity of ACLs,…there are three different ways of deleting ACLs…on a file or directory.…For this exercise, we'll need to create a directory…and assign multiple ACLs to it.…Let's create a directory called ACL del-dir using Mk dir.…In a terminal, type in mkdir, space, ACL, deldir,…and hit enter.…Now let's add a couple of ACLs to it.…Type in set facl space dash m space user colon route…colon rwx space ACL deldir.…
There is a forward slash at the end of my directory name…because I typed in ACL and then hit my tab key,…and it completed the line for me.…This is a great space saver and I recommend it.…Hit enter.…Now let's add a group ACL by typing in set facl…space dash m space group colon route colon rwx space,…ACL and then I'll hit my tab key again…and it will complete the line.…Hit enter.…Let's add another group acl by typing in set facl…space dash m space group,…colon, audio, colon, rw space ACL deldir,…and hit enter.…
The last ACL we'll add is a default ACL,…type in set facl space dash d space dash m,…
- Define file Access Control Lists.
- Describe what extended globs add to Linux pattern matching.
- State why file system recovery tools are so important for Linux users.
- Recall what execute permissions on a directory allows.
- Cite the maximum allowed default permissions on a file in Linux.
- List some of the advantages of ACLs over standard Unix permissions.
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Linux Files
2. Manipulate Files
3. Standard Unix Permissions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.