Defend against DHCP attacks by authorizing DHCP servers in Active Directory and use VLAN access control Lists, dynamic ARP inspection, and DHCP snooping.
- [Instructor] Dynamic host configuration protocol…doesn't have a native authentication process.…When a client requests an IP address from a DHCP server,…the client really has no reassurance…that the server is legitimate.…In addition, the server really has no way of knowing…that a client that's requesting the address…is a legitimate client on the network.…Rogue clients and servers on a network…can cause serious problems.…Network administrators can reduce risk…by configuring devices to monitor for trusted hosts.…
For DHCP attack prevention, there are a few best practices.…Implement VLAN Access Control Lists.…A regular access control list resides on a router's…interface and is used only for routed packets.…A VLAN Access Control List…provides access control on a switch.…Authorize the DHCP server in Active Directory.…In a Windows environment, Active Directory…authorizes DHCP servers before they can…start leasing addresses to clients.…
And Dynamic ARP Inspection, this will reject…invalid and malicious ARP packets.…DHCP snooping begins by contacting…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.