Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video DNS, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] We're going to take…a look at some network services.…I do want to make a caveat before we start here,…and that is, I'm approaching these from the aspect…of an administrator that is installing the service…for somebody else to handle the day-to-day workings of.…So for example, we're going to show you…how to install a DNS server,…but I'm not going to talk to you about DNS in detail.…Let's go ahead and do that.…Let's install a DNS server.…We're going to use YaST.…We will launch the DNS server network service…and for DNS services,…so you say Lennox Enterprise uses BIND,…so we are going to install BIND.…
Okay, it's installed.…So now we need to do some basic settings.…These are going to depend on your own network topology.…I'll just give an example of the defaults here.…Forwarding servers, we can go with the defaults for these.…This is the setup on initial zone file.…We use example.com.…All we need to do now is finish.…At this point, the DNS administrator would take over,…would create zones, reverse lookups, et cetera.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.