Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video DHCP, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at Network Services.…This time we're gonna take a look at DHCP Server.…Now I'm going to show you how to get this installed…with the assumption that you would have somebody…who would do the specifics of DHCP administration,…and would configure it,…and make all the options that you would need to run it.…We're just gonna get it installed to this point,…so let's go ahead and start.…SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is the DHCP Server package.…Let's install that.…
So we're just doing a basic installation here of DHCP,…we're not going to be using LDAP Server,…so this is not an issue we need to worry about.…So now let's step through the wizard together.…We've got a bonded interface with a static IP address,…so we're going to select that for our server.…Next, from here we just fill out the information…that we want passed to the clients…when they do a DHCP configuration off of the server.…
So, we'll just use example.com,…and we're just going to use Google Server here,…and our gateway,…and leave the rest of these blank…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.