In this video, you'll see a demonstration the use of OpenVAS to do a quick scan for vulnerabilities in a target.
- [Voiceover] Let's use OpenVAS to do a quick scan…of my Windows 7 system,…which is on IP address 10.0.2.15.…I'll click the purple button in the Tasks bar,…and use the Advanced Task wizard…to set up my task.…I'll call this a Quick Scan of Windows 7,…and I'll select System Discovery,…and I'll enter the IP address 10.0.2.15.…Notice I have the option to start immediately,…or start this at a scheduled time.…
I'll start immediately.…I'll click Create Task.…We can see this now appears on the Task List…with a status of Requested.…After a few moments it starts and reports a 2% completion…while it initializes.…Note that the OpenVAS system is running the scan,…but the webpage only refreshes every 30 seconds or so.…Okay, that's finished.…Let's look at the report now,…and I can see I have one informational issue…to do with services.…
Running an OpenVAS scan provides a pretty good idea…of the vulnerabilities that exist…in our target systems,…and points to where we might want to investigate further…to find exploitable weaknesses.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.