In this video, Chaim Krause uses Postfix.Admin to create virtual domains, users, and aliases. Setup these virtual components on the Linux email server.
- [Instructor] My next step is twofold…and that's to get the Dovecot using the database…as well as implementing virtual users.…Implementing virtual users is going to be…a combination of the database, Dovecot, and Postfix.…Get them all synchronized.…Virtual users are users that exist only…in the realm of email.…They're not like a normal user…on a Linux box with a user account.…They can't log in to the box and get access to a shell…and all of those things.…
They only exist in the email realm…where they'll have mailbox…and they'll have a home directory…but it's used to store the mail.…It serves no other purpose than that.…So let's start by getting Postfix…using the virtual users.…And we want to do that by editing the main file in Postfix.…So let's go to /etc/postfix/main.cf.…And what we want to do is…go to the bottom and append this stuff.…So I'm in vi, so capital G brings me to the bottom.…
And you can see, we already started this earlier…by putting in these mappings, here,…for alias, domains, and mailboxes.…Now we need to tell Postfix what user we want this…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.