Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure network interfaces, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] What I'd like to look at now is…network settings.…When you install the operating system, you will configure it…to connect to the internet to download updates…and patches and such.…So chances are, you've already got your main…ethernet card configured properly.…So what I'm gonna show is bonding two knicks together…and then setting that up to be used.…So I'm in yaST.…And we're gonna go into network settings.…
And it's going to initialize by reading the configuration…files, remember, suzie uses the same configuration files…in yaST that would be used if you were using…command line utilities.…So what we're gonna be doing here is bonding…our two ethernet controllers.…So if I select one and click on edit,…then I can set it up for No Link.…So we can bond it.…I choose the other one, edit it.…
And set it up for No Link.…So we can bond it.…Now we've got our two ethernet available to be bonded.…So we're going to add a device type…of bond.…Next, we're gonna say we want to use…DHCP to configure that.…But we're gonna go over to Bond Slaves…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.