In this video, Kevin Dankwardt continues his demonstration of special options for making and mounting file systems. In this video he demonstrates special features of XFS and Btrfs.
- [Instructor] Now, we'll show some special options…for XFS and btrfs,…and even see an example of debugging a mount problem.…Now, let's try XFS.…So, let's make sure that…our device file d1 is not mounted anywhere.…Let's…format that,…and let's use a special option where XFS…that separates the log from the data.…
So we'll put the data on one partition,…and we'll put the log on another one.…Let's put the data on number two.…Make sure that's not mounted.…We're going to use d1 and d2.…Put the log on one and the data on the other.…So, they're both unmounted.…That's good.…We're going to mkfs type xfs,…because that's what supports this,…and we'll use the force option,…because we already have a file system there…and it would complain if it saw one.…The log device, we're going to say, is dev sdd1,…and we're going to say the size of that log…is 1,000 blocks.…
Then, the regular partition that we're going to format…with that XFS where the data will go will be dev sdd2.…There you go, it reported that.…Doesn't look like it complained at all.…
- Partitioning storage
- Creating, mounting, and unmounting file systems
- Formatting file systems
- Making volumes with LVM
- Adding storage security
- Managing swap spaces
- Backing up and recovering Linux storage systems
- Working with networked file systems like NFS and SSHFS
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Linux Command Line (2016)with Scott Simpson1h 38m Beginner
Linux: Bash Shell and Scriptswith Kevin Dankwardt2h 46m Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Disk Partitions, Formatting, and Mounting
2. Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
3. Security and Resource Constraints
4. Special Storage Features and Considerations
5. Networked File Systems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.