In this video, Chaim Krause configures the Thunderbird email client on an external computer to send and receive email using our new mail server. This info can be used along with any email client.
- [Instructor] At this point we have done…quite a bit of work to get our email server up and running.…We've installed software, configured it, we've tested it.…What we haven't done is interact with it…with a email client, which is the traditional way…of interacting with an email server.…One of the clients that are out there is Thunderbird.…So I'm going to go through the steps of configuring Thunderbird…to use with our email server.…Now, you can use any email client you want.…The concepts are going to be the same.…Basically you're going to have some parameter…you need to fill out.…
It depends on your server as to what that parameter is.…But I'll go through filling them in for our server here…and you'll have an example to work with.…So I'm starting up Thunderbird…and I want to skip integration…'cause I'm not really setting up my home computer.…I just want to test the email account.…So let's add an email account.…Create a new account email.…It's going to offer to give you a free email account…at gandi.net.…I'm not going to take advantage of that today.…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.