To configure a chrony client to retrieve time information from our chrony server, you just need to edit one line in the chrony.conf file. You also need to change the system config to use NTP time information using timedatectl.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our rhhost1vm configured…to be an NTP time server, let's go to…our second vm and configure it to use our time server.…Log in to rhhost2 and open a terminal.…Now let's edit the /etc/chrony.conf file using vim.…Type in sudo vim /etc/chrony.conf and hit Enter.…Enter your password if prompted.…Go into Insert mode by pressing the Insert key or the I key.…
Comment out any existing pool and server lines…and add one server line to point…to our time server on rhhost1.…In my case, it will be server 192.168.1.69 iburst.…Use the IP address of your rhhost1vm in your file.…Now, save this by typing in esc:x! and hitting Enter.…
Now restart the chronyd service.…Type in sudo systemctl restart chronyd and hit Enter.…Let's ensure our rhhost2vm is configured…to use NTP by using the timedatectl command.…Type in sudo timedatectl set-ntp true and hit Enter.…To test that our system is synchronizing…with our time server, type in…sudo chronyc sources -v.…
Chronyc is the client command that comes with chrony.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 52m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.