In this video, Chaim Krause configures Postfix to use STARTTLS to switch the initial plain text connection to a secured connection over TLS on the same port. He discusses the need for security certificates, and tests that it works properly.
- [Instructor] Securing SMTP requires quite a bit…of configuration file manipulation.…I'm going to use a knowledge base article here…from Red Hat's support site…as the basis for my configuration file.…If we look down here…it shows the configuration that you would use…to have a secure connection on SMTP…and we're going to take those and append those…to the postfix main.cf configuration file on our server…and go from there.…
So, let's start out by…getting this information.…If we click on raw,…we get this here without any kind of HTML added…and I'm going to copy that to my clipboard…and then let's switch over to our mail server…and on our mail server, let's edit that file.…And what we're going to do…is jump to the end in appendix.…So, I'm in VI,…so I'm just going to type in 999J…and that should jump me down to the end of the file…and I'm going to hit O…and I'm in their insert mode…where I can add the stuff from the configuration.…
So, I'm just going to add an extra space…and paste in the configuration.…So, if we look at what we've added,…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.