In this video, Chaim Krause configures Postfix and Dovecot to use Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL). Chaim then tests the configuration to make sure it is working properly.
- [Instructor] Let's take a moment and look back…to when we configured our Postfix server.…One of the parameters we gave was…we set mynetworks_style to subnet.…That's restricting who can send mail…to only clients that are on the subnet,…but now that we've got things set up…so we can use an e-mail client to connect to our mailbox,…we'd like to be able to send e-mails from that client,…so what we need to do is switch from…just hosts that are on the subnet…to any host that can authenticate with the server,…and that's where simple authentication and security layer,…also known as SASL comes in to play.…
Now Dovecot has the capability…to provide an authentication mechanism…to Postfix, so let's see how that's done.…I'm logged into my mail server,…and I'm going to begin the preparations…for Dovecot's SASL feature.…We need to modify the configuration file at Dovecot.…It's got many of them.…Let's change directories here…to etc/dovecot, and let's list what we've got here.…What we've got is we've got a directory conf.d,…which will include configuration parameters…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.