To configure the OpenLDAP server, you need to create a new password hash and insert it into an LDIF file. Then, load this LDIF file to modify the directory. Additionally, set some access control rules and test the configuration.
- [Instructor] In the beginning of this course,…you should have downloaded the exercise file…zip archive on your rhhost1vm,…and extracted it into your home directory.…This directory will contain various LDIF files.…In my case, the directory path is /home/user1/exercisefiles.…To double check this, I'll open a terminal and type in…CD space tilde and hit enter.…This will ensure that I'm in my home directory…and then I will change into…the chapter two exercise files directory…by typing in cd space double quote capital E-x,…and I'm going to hit my Tab key, capital C,…and hit my Tab key again, and hit Enter.…
You have to add the double quotes…because there is a space in the name.…Then list the directory by typing in ls -l.…If you don't have these files,…you need to download and extract them before continuing.…Since the RHCE certification doesn't cover…setting up an LDAP server,…I won't be too verbose in these videos.…You can use these files as a basis…for setting up your own LDAP server,…as long as you change the relevant names…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.