By installing the authconfig-gtk package, you can configure your system to use LDAP identity management as well as LDAP authentication. The authconfig-gtk GUI also allows you to easily change password configuration options.
- To configure the LDAP client on the GUI,…we need to install another package.…On a terminal in rhhost2, type in…sudo yum install -y authconfig-gtk…and hit Enter.…Type in your password if prompted.…After it's installed, we can close the terminal.…Now go to Applications, Sundry, and Authentication.…
If it prompts you for a password, type it in now.…If you ever want to run another GUI from the command line,…the name of it is authconfig-gtk.…To start configuring,…change User Account Database to LDAP.…You may get a few error messages here,…which is okay for now.…Now, change the LDAP Search Base DN…to dc=localnet,dc=com.…If you get an error message saying…that you need to use LDAPS, or use TLS…for LDAP authentication, then go to…the Authentication Method dropdown menu…and select Kerberos, and then put it back…to LDAP password.…
This will allow you to continue with the exercise.…We only need to do this for the…unencrypted LDAP server setup in this course.…Most production LDAP configurations will use…a secure connection using LDAPS or TLS.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.