After installing the LDAP client application, configure the system to use LDAP for identify information as well as authentication using the authconfig command. You also need to resolve some SELinux denial messages concerning the LDAP client.
- [Instructor] For this video, you'll need both…your rhhost1 and rhhost2vm's running.…Now log in to your rhhost2vm as user1 and open a terminal.…Now let's use the authconfig command to configure our system…to use our LDAP directory server.…To configure the LDAP client, type in…sudo authconfig --enableldap…- -enableldapauth…- -ldapserver=rhhost1.localnet.com…- -ldapbasedn=…"dc=localnet…,dc=com"…- -enablemkhomedir…- -update…and hit Enter.…
Type in your password if prompted.…You may see an SELinux security message here.…To address the denial, then go to…Applications, Sundry, and SELinux Troubleshooter…and follow the suggestions.…Now, let's restart the LDAP client service.…Type in clear, and then type in…sudo systemctl restart nslcd…and hit Enter.…Now to verify that our client is…contacting the LDAP server, let's request…LDAP entries from it.…
Type in sudo getent passwd rhuser and hit Enter.…If it's successful, you should get…user information from the LDAP server.…The ultimate test, however, is to ensure…logins work by logging in as the LDAP user named rhuser.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 52m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.