Configuring the Kerberos server involves editing three configuration files in vi and replacing the example.com hostname with your own. Additionally, configure the kdc and admin_server to point to the rhhost1 VM.
- [Instructor] To configure our kerberos server…we need to edit the main configuration file.…Log into your RH host one VM…and then in the terminal type in sudo, space, VI, space,…slash, etc, slash, KRB five dot conf, and hit enter.…Type in your password if prompted.…The first thing we'll do is uncomment every line…by removing the hash symbols.…Next we'll change all instances…of example.com to localnet.com.…
You can do this quickly by pressing escape, colon, percent,…S, for substitute, slash, example.com,…slash, localnet.com, slash, and hit enter.…This will search for all instances of example.com…and replace them with localnet.com.…Also replace uppercase example.com…with uppercase loalnet.com using the same method.…Type escape, colon, percent, S, forward slash,…uppercase example.com, slash,…uppercase localnet.com, slash, and hit enter.…
The last thing we'll do is go to the KDC line…and change the value to RHH host one dot localnet.com.…Also change admin underscore server…to RHH host one dot localnet.com as well.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.