To configure the Kerberos client, install a few software packages. Once that's done, copy the krb5.conf file into /etc and import the keytab file using ktutil. After those files are in place, configure LDAP identity management and Kerberos authentication using authconfig-tui. The last task is to test authentication by logging in a rhuser.
- [Instructor] Log in to your rhhost2 VM…and open a terminal.…To configure to Kerberos client,…we need to install software.…In a terminal, type in sudo yum install -y…pam_krb5 krb5-workstation.…Hit Enter.…Type in your password if prompted.…Let's now retrieve the Kerberos configuration file…and the host-specific keytab file…that we copied to /tmp from rhhost1.…
Type in clear and then type cd /tmp and type in ls.…Here we see the krb5.conf file…as well as the rhhost2.keytab file.…Let's copy the krb5.conf file to /etc.…Type in sudo cp -f krb5.conf /etc and hit Enter.…This will overwrite the base configuration file…that came with the krb5-workstation package.…Now we need to use the ktutil command…to load the keytab file and write it out.…
Type in clear and then type in sudo ktutil and hit Enter.…To read the keytab file,…type rkt for read keytab…followed by the path to the keytab file.…In our case, type in rkt /tmp/rhhost2.keytab and hit Enter.…Now we're going to use wkt to write the keytab.…Type wkt /etc/krb5.keytab and hit Enter.…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
Linux System Engineer: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 52m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.