Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure GRUB2, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] When you turn on a computer…there's a process that happens…that loads everything up to the operating system…and it uses the boot loader.…The most common Linux boot loader is GRUB,…Grand Unified Bootloader.…Now we're not going to go into the details…of GRUB in this video.…There are other courses that cover GRUB…in more detail in our library.…But what we are going to do is cover those aspects…which are unique to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.…We've got YaST running and we'll choose the boot loader.…
And since GRUB was configured during the installation…what you're going to see are the choices that you made…during the installation process.…What we have showing in this screen…is that the boot loader was GRUB2 as compared to,…if we drop these down,…the one for EFI.…If you're using PC bios you'll be using GRUB2.…If you've got UEFI you'll be using GRUB2 for EFI.…That's where we make the change here.…
It's got to load from some place…and it needs to know where that place is.…So for boot loader location default…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.