Compare IPv4 to IPv6 to see the differences. Lisa Bock explains how IPv6 has no fragmentation fields, IHL, or checksum, but has a flow label, an experimental field.
- [Instructor] In general, over time,…there hasn't been many significant changes…for most protocols.…However, the internet protocol had to change…mainly due to a lack of address space.…During packet analysis,…we mainly focus on IPv4…because it's still so widely used,…but it's best to take a look…at both IPv4 and IPv6,…because we're most likely going to start…to see IPv6 as time goes by.…
I'll review all the fields in both IPv4 and IPv6,…and then I'll take a look at some of the differences.…Now here we see an IPv4 header.…Now that we see that it includes the significant fields…such as the source and destination address,…but let's start with the upper left-hand corner,…the version.…The version is the version of internet protocol.…Of course if it's four, then it'll be version four,…if it's six, it'll say six,…and that's an entirely different header.…The internet header length,…well that's the length of the header,…which is generally around 20 bytes.…
The type of service is also a quality of service,…when we wanna prioritize certain types of traffic.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.